art (noun) /ärt/
"the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power."
I never considered myself an artist. When I was younger, an artist was someone who could work magic with scrap paper and a dull pencil.
As I got a little older and continued my "art" education, I viewed artists as abstract, confusing, ancient, and usually bizarre. I do remember learning that the artists usually become famous for stepping outside the boundaries of their time and creating works of art (that part I found to be the highlight of their story)...but the paintings never interested me. And lets also be honest, I was way too caught up on my social life and the next house party that I didn't take the time to TRY and find interest in those things.
You never know when you will surprise yourself.When the freedom came to select classes in high school that I found interest in, I didn't realize the excitement and wonder I had for film, television, and photography until I luckily had numerous choices. It wasn't what all my friends were doing but I had no hesitation to follow my interests. I loved everything about my high school classes (photography, TV media) and I give all credit to those few years for paving my path to Tampa where I began the real journey of becoming the "artist" inside.
My journey in college as a film major not only gave me an unforgettable college experience and lots of time to lay by the pool, but it gave me a passion that continues to grow.
I love finding the time to step away from everything and really see the beauty of just the basic every day things through my camera. Finding a way to balance the craziness of life and allowing yourself the time you deserve to enjoy YOU isn't always easy. But I have made a promise to myself to not forget what life really is all about...(and its definitely not working every day of your life)!
Cheers!
Amy

No comments:
Post a Comment